Thursday 25 March 2010

On The Road again

Right that's it,all packed and ready---ish to go-pack too big what with the tent an all.my size 12 English-13 American-46 European trainers make the pack look smaller-but it is over 11 Kilo's,Because its longer this year and earlyer carrying more but it can all be disgarded as the walk goes on-a sort of a long distance paper chase.
 Walk out the door tomorrow 10k to the nearest train station and then roundabout route taking in Cardiff-London-Paris and then Le- Puy start walking the Camino on Wednesday 31st, the day after my birthday By then I will have touched base with all my children and grandchildren which feels good-even Emily daughter number 3 called by for a late breakfast today, even showed me how to download the last 2 episodes of my guilty pleasure "Glee"
 one of the sayings about the Camino is it doesn't give you what you want-but what you need.so it was rather apt that my programms climaxed with glee-club singing the Stones "You can't always get what you want" Farewell glass of wine in hand I joined in the singing "But if you try sometime you just might find ----you get what you need"
 The Games Afoot

5 comments:

  1. Buen camino! Hope you'll be able to shed some of your 11 kg within the next week...
    Be safe and go well.

    lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Ian!! I wish I was going with you. My memories of the camino are still fresh. Hope you post regularly, I enjoyed your last camino before I walked.
    A great big Pilgrim hug for you
    Rita (from "Under the Milkyway")

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I could give a few of my extra winter weight and you could discard it!???!! I am so envious of those out on the Camino this week. Esp. this year...much more so than last year...not quite sure what that means... Buen Camino & keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have started walking by now Ian so good luck on the road. I will be following your progress keenly as it's on my 'to do' list.
    Bonne route
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are beautiful... cold looking, but beautiful... I start my walk in 10 days and then you'll be on your next one a week behind me!
    Thanks for the insight!
    Sandi
    p.s. my pack is packed and ready to go... got it down to 6 kgs!

    ReplyDelete