Tuesday 2 March 2010

Spring Spring Spring

England has just been through its worst winter for 40 years,I loved most of it but wasn't aware of how the cold and damp had eaten into my soul.
 the last two days we have had bright sunshine and a change of season, my garden or wasteland has suddenly burst into life as the emerging spring flowers opened  up to the sun,I am caught up in the rebirth and blitz the housework even clean the windows while basking in the warmth of the sun,its my favorite season full of new possabilities.I never get over how a few small flowers and the sun can fill you full of so much optimism for the future.
 any doubts of my ability to do this new challenge have faded away "its a new day it's a new year"

3 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel Dad - was starting to feel spring was never going to arrive!!
    Jen xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Windows? wanna fly across the pond, I've got a biggish old house w/lotsa windows!! I'll go off and hike...you can have the windows! All joking aside, I do agree every moment of warmth or sun is a revelation after the winter and snow we've had. at one point there were nearly 2 1/2 feet of snow in my yard. Normally, 6 inches is a big deal! Looking forward to your camino posts, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading you blog Ian as Le Puy to SJPP is in my sights!
    Bonne route and Happy Birthday.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete