Wednesday 27 October 2010

Palas de Rei









3 good days short of Santiago,the way has been good with just a little rain,I find myself getting there with a week to spare,what to do with that week is giving me a few problems making a choice is difficult when all you do is walk-I may catch a bus back one week on the via de la plata or go to porto or somewhere near and walk up from through Portugal or walk to Finnisterra I will decide later or the Camino will decide for me.
 This time of year the Camino is not so crowded and even the extra pilgrims that have started in Sarria are causing me no problems I am so chilled,but for Sandy my Yorkshire walking companion it is too much and she goes ahead catching the odd bus,plus her feet are still giving her problems.
 I am feeling a little tired,this will be the 5th month I have walked this year-a bit much I think but when ever I sit and reflect I don,t regret anything its been a great year where else would you want to be?.but maybe next year something a little less tiring I think "I will comb my hair or maybe eat a peach and wear white flannel trousers and walk along a beach.

4 comments:

  1. Goodevening Ian! What a beatiful pictures! And you have time to spare? Stay in whatever village you like! It seems that you are a "veteran Camino Walker" so you would know the adresses to enjoy the company of others and enjoy the scenery! Buen Camino Ian!
    Many greetings from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 questions Ian, did you ever meet up with Jacqueline from Australia?? I think she just made Santiago today, the 27th. Second and most important, what kind of camera do you use? I may not have your eye or talent, but every little bit will help. I'd like to try and take some good ones too, if possible! Thanks Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Hedwig
    thanks for your comments and greatings,its always nice to know I,m not talking to myself.
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ksam
    question one,no I never met Jacqueline (yet)she was always one day ahead. question two I only carry a small 4 megapixel olympus camedia,while I used to work with slr camera,s when I was younger and had asperations to be a photography my little secret like the monkeys typing Shakespear I take lots of pics and only publish the best.
    Ian

    ReplyDelete