Sunday 1 February 2009

Leaving on a jet plane?


Just 24 hours before we catch the plane to Santiago and it
starts to snow!!-slightly nervous with a bit of stage fright
also feeling a bit of a fraud the Camino Inglis is just over 100k its not like we will be gone for months, a week and we should be back home licking wounds and planning the next walk.
having said that despite training daily I have not set off for a weeks walk since 1972
having been asked to house sit a place in Clare on the west coast of Ireland my Hobbit reading friend Standish O'Grady and I set off to walk from Dublin to the Cliffs of Moher, "Stan the man" dressed as Gandalf staff in hand and me with my hobo bed roll and boots of Spanish leather.
We lasted 2 days before succumbing to one of the many offers of a lift from passing cars-happy days.
These days I'm packing Ibuprofen Gel - Paracetamol and Steradent tablets, hope this walk lasts a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment